I was born in november 1958.
I am a distinguished Professor at [Grenoble Institute of Engineering] ...
... honorary member of the Institut Universitaire de France [IUF] (senior from 2010 to 2015) ...
... working at Laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble [LIG] in the team-project DataMove-INRIA.
Brief overview of my research interests
- Design and analysis of efficient algorithms for optimizing the use of resources (whatever they are) in parallel and distributed systems (large-scale multi-cores, GPU accelerators, computational grids, clouds, smart objects, I/O).
- Focus in the design of approximation algorithms for scheduling and packing problems, in multi-objective optimization (performance, waiting times, fairness, reliability, energy consumption).
- Explore learning algorithms for data analytics, and their links with resource management.
- I have also been working in the past in implementing parallel applications (molecular dynamic, oceanic simulations) and bio-computing (multiple alignments, phylogenetic trees). I was involved in designing and analyzing efficient algorithms for heterogeneous large scale parallel systems in actual resource managers like SLURM.
Main current leading activities
- Head of the international Master program ( MOSIG1 ) at Grenoble INP (ENSIMAG)
- Director of the Pole de recherche Maths/Info (MSTIC) at Comue Univ. Grenoble-Alpes
membership: ACM, IEEE (senior) and SIF (french Computer Society).